Post by rick54 on Apr 26, 2020 15:49:43 GMT -5
NWA Pay Per View Spring Shock
Sunday, Aprli 26, 2020
Forum in Los Angeles, Calif.
Non-Title Single Match. United States Junior Heavyweight Champion Chris Candido w/valet Tammy Sytch drew with Sam Houston.
Ladies Match. Taeler Hendrix beat Madison Rayne of the Beautiful People with a roll up.
NWA United States Tag Team Title Match. (Champs): The Assassins w/mgr. Rock Hunter beat (Challs): the Southern Boys. Assassin 1# pinned Tracey Smothers following a head butt.
1. Ladies Single Match. Loser Takes 5 Lashes!. (No teammates or seconds allowed). Taryn Terrell beats Velvet Sky with a piledriver. (10:10).Terrell gets her 5 swats with that razor strap on Sky's bare butt before the Beautiful People hit the ring but Taryn is already on her way to the dressing room.
2. Special Match. Ken Shamrock submitted Missouri Mauler w/mgr. Rock Hunter with the ankle lock. (14;32). Shamrock takes a beating from Mauler with assistance from Hunter temporarily. Ken shoves Mauler into Rock on the ring apron. Shamrock locks in the ankle lock for the submission. After the match, the United States Tag Team Champions the Assassins run down to help Hunter but Ken is out of the ring on his way to the dressing room. Mauler has to be helped back.
3. NWA World's Women's Title Match. (Champ): Nicole Savoy retained over (Chall): Mia YIm in a 30 minute time limit draw. Yim goes on the attack & dominates Savoy early in the match. Nicole evens the pace with a lot of flips & tosses to keep Mia off balance.
4. 5. Six Man Tag Team Match. 'Nature Boy' Buddy Rogers, Tully Blanchard & Greg 'Hammer' Valentine w/mgr. James J. Dillon defeated Mark Lewin, Wahoo McDaniel & Dick Murdoch when Valentine hit McDaniel with a series of elbow smashes to the head for the 1-2-3. (19:43). Exciting match with everyone getting to work with each other.. Near the end, both ladies go for their finishing moves but can't secure them for a pin fall.
5. Challenge Match by 'Playboy' Gary Hart. (If Watts wins, he gets 5 minutes alone in the ring with Hart). A bloody Abdullah the Butcher w/mgr. 'Playboy' Gary Hart lost by count out to a bloody 'Cowboy' Bill Watts. (8:01). Bill got his 5 minutes with Gary when Commissioner Jim Barnett came down & threatened suspension if any one interfered. (13:01).
6. NWA World's Tag Team Title Match. (Champions): The Miracle Violence Connection (Steve Williams & Terry Gordy). w/mgr. 'Playboy' Gary Hart retained over (Challs): Dick the Bruiser & the Crusher when the challengers were DQ'd for striking the referee. (14:21). (Hart was unable to appear ringside for this match). Bruiser & Crusher went after the champs as soon as the bell rang. It was a rough match for both teams with a lot of double teaming & stalling outside of the ring by the tag champs.
7. NWA United States Heavyweight Title Match. (Champ): 'Bruiser' Brody w/mgr. 'Playboy' Gary Hart retained the belt over (Chall): Stan 'Lariat' Hansen. (20:41). A heavily bandaged Gary Hart was ringside but did not do much. Brody & Hansen put on a brutal battle between two big, bad asses. The referee managed to keep control including Hansen going after Hart ringside. The challenger hit the champion with several lariat's but could not get the pin fall. Brody used the trunks to finally get a 1-2-3 over Hansen.
8. NWA World's Heavyweight Title Match. (Champion): 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper lost the belt to (Challenger): Nick Bockwinkel when a masked man dressed like a ninja attacked the champion when he had his version of the sleeper on the challenger. (27:01). The umpire was knocked down before the ninja entered the ring & left before the official recovered. Nick had Roddy out to become the new champion. A dazed Piper argued with the official & Nick after the decision. Seconds before, the official was knocked down & did not see what transpired with the Ninja entering the ring. (Meanwhile, Bockwinkel is pleading with Piper he had no part in this).
The Ninja then voluntarily takes off the hood to reveal 'Living Legend' Larry Zbyszko who admits he was the one who attacked Piper weeks ago & was paid well for it. Dillon comes to the ring with the Dynasty members Buddy Rogers, Tully Blanchard & Greg Valentine. Now Roddy & Nick are on guard for a fight. J.J. takes the mike & tells Piper this is his reward for refusing to sign with the Dynasty weeks ago when he had the chance. And Dillon admits that Bockwinkel was not in on it.
However, JJ then tells Zbyszko he has not further need for him & he is terminated. Larry is stunned! Dillon then offers the open position to the new NWA World's Heavyweight Champion Nick Bockwinkel. Piper has thrown uphis hands & left the ring. Nick walks over to JJ & the Dynasty & SHAKES HANDS WITH THEM. Dillon has the World's Heavyweight Champion in his stable. Larry is disgusted & walks back to the dressing room.
We go back to Gordon & Joey to get ready to close out when word reaches them that Piper has attacked Zbyszko in the aisles & are going back to the locker room area. The camera crew is following them as time expires with Barnett directing wrestlers out there to separate them as we close out the PPV. They will keep the cameras running & will air what happened next week on the TV show.